Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 3- Private Property

I've already told you how it started (once I figure out how to add pictures, I have some good ones), with a cop giving me a warning for camping on private property. About an hour after that, I made the newbie mistake of trying to jump a curb. Instant flat tire. I was pleasantly surprised about how long it took to fix- maybe ten minutes and I was back on the road again, being much more careful. Unfortunately there were tons of curbs in Spokane, so it took me forever to get to the Bicycle Butler. I was in and out quickly- great, I can head to Cheney. Just a few blocks down, I was crossing at a crosswalk and someone didn't see me. They slammed on their brakes, as did I, so really there was no chance for danger. Buuuut the person behind the first car didn't have the same reflexes, so he hit the first car. I was actually thinking about that that very day. I wondered when I would see my first accident, since I've heard all the statistics about how common they are. I didn't want to be the one who indirectly caused it though... Hopefully I won't see too many more. Traveling through Spokane continued to suck after that. I was getting hungry so I got a large pizza from Pizza Hut- a poor choice. I've heard of people eating rediculous amount when bike touring, but I could only eat 3 slices. The box was easy to strap on the back of my bike though. From there I headed to my friends' apartment in Cheney to recharge my batteries, take a shower and do some laundry. Thank you Tiffany, Jessie and Kristen! I am now camped outside of Cheney, in a place where I didn't see any no trespassing signs, and a good distance away from the road. Mosquitoes attacked me as I set up my tent, but somehow none made it inside. As I put the tarp over it, I heard a really long howl off in the distance- coyotes. This should be a fun night.
Oops. Wait! Wow I didn't notice it before... It doesn't say no trespassing :p

State number 3!


Thanks for letting me stop by, ladies!

Gorgeous sunset in Cheney, where I spent my college years.

No comments:

Post a Comment