Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 17

Jim had warned me about the horses. I'm pretty sure I heard them last night. I was camped near an apple tree. I wish I could have gotten out and looked, but I didn't want to spook them.
While I was packing up, Glenn invited me over for breakfast. I mostly finished and then headed over- I need 6000 calories a day, so I never turn down food. While chowing down cereal and toast, I learned about Glenn and his buddy, Norman. They are from Australia, but they vist the United States a lot in a camper van. Dispite being 90 years old, Norman was still in great shape and enjoyed hiking up mountains and stuff. After thanking them, I finished packing and looked around for the office. I found the little store there. I bought a few things and asked the cashier where I was supposed to pay for the night. Right here. It was 25 bucks, probably because I camped in an rv spot, but it's kinda understandable. The city is practically in the clouds, and it has a lot of historical stuff in it- it was an honor to be there. After almost going down a dead end, I found the road out of this place. It was all down hill- a welcome change of pace from yesterday. No rainbows today, but I did see wild horses. I wanted a picture, but I would have had to slam on the brakes. The road finally leveled out. I wanted to look at a solar panel array, but it was behind a fence. Then finally, after two days, I was on the highway again. I had no miles in mind, just that I wanted to get as close to Fernley as possible. Close to the end of the day, I luckily found a rest stop that had a water pump. Once I was done filling up, it was pretty darn dark. So I just picked a spot beside the highway that was kinda hidden by a small lump. Despite the cars and trucks zooming past, I slept easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment