Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 18

It was kinda awkward packing up while a bunch of traffic went by. I hastily packed. The goal for today was to get at least 80 miles, because I hoped to make it to Winnemucca tomorrow, which was 160 miles away. I quickly saw a Fernley county sign and mistook it for the city sign. I was really confused for a bit but after a few hours I was in the city itself- two days late, but at least I arrived. Towards the end of the day, I found another rest stop. It was pretty neat that it had a water pump, but the best part was that there was a snake! Finally, an alive snake! A woman was trying to get it away from the bathrooms with a stick. I offered to help. I just picked it up by the tail and moved it over to my bike so that I could take a few pictures. Then I took it about 30 feet away to a fence and it slithered away. I wish I could have had more time to check it out, but it was pretty dark and I needed to get water, use the bathroom, and find camp soon. I ended up going less than a quarter mile away before I just decided to move off the highway and make camp. I couldn't really hide myself but it was so dark out that no one would be able to see me until morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment