Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 20

In the morning, after a large, filling breakfast, Henry showed me how to adjust my bike seat. I had been complaining about my left arm going numb, and he thought bringing the seat back and getting the tilt right would help. I think it did a little bit, but later on, I figured out that the best way to prevent my arm from hurting was to simply stand up more often while peddling. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but I can usually go faster. Another added bonus is that my butt doesn't get sore as much and no more chaffing. Hooray! Anyways, the freeway was pretty close, so I got on and peddled. Unfortunately, it has been so long now that I don't remember what all happened for the rest of the day, but I did reach a summit. Actually, looking back at pictures, I have the last few days and tomorrow really mixed up. Everything I've said so far happened, just not on the days I said they did. This means I'll definitely miss telling you about a camp spot, but it was probably just somewhere along the highway. Yes, actually I found a place that wasn't exactly a hiding spot, but it was a pretty good view. It was right after a junction, so I could see car lights coming from all directions. Just before I found the spot, I passed by a snake. I stopped because it looked alive- it was. I tried picking it up, but I wasn't going to have that. It immediately tried stiking at me. I thought it was just another garder snake or something similar, but this one was so viscous that I thought it could be something else. I figure that if a snake just tries to run away from you, it's probably harmless. If it stands its ground and tries to bike you, it's probably venomous. I dunno how true this is, but I didn't want to test it- I just took a few pictures and peddled on.

No comments:

Post a Comment