Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 22

River/visible/after motel
As I packed up camp in complete visibility, I thought about where I wanted to go next. The freeway wasn't as fun as some others- it was someone busy and the shoulders were not as big as I like. Plus, who knows how far that no biking sign applied. I decided to peddle back to connect up with the frontage road. I could see that it was really cracked from Google Maps, but I figured if it was impossible, I could always find my way back to the freeway. It wasn't too bad at first, and there was no traffic. The tree growing in the road should have been a warming sign to me. The road got really bad really quick, but at least I could still bike over it. Then there were sand dunes- I could bike over them, but only if I went really fast and then just tried to stay balanced.

Possibly to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment