Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 103

Empty car
It took me a bit to find my way all the way back to the road. I was glad I stopped when I did- it wasn't long before I was on a road that was pretty busy. It would have been sketchy to do at night. After that, there were plenty of places to camp. It really makes me wonder how different this whole experience would be if I just changed one campsite. It would change every campsite after that. Honestly I couldn't write this day the day it happened, so I've forgotten what happened for the middle of it. But the end sucked. I could not find a good place to camp. I finally found a place that seemed good and I ducked into the woods. The traffic was stupidly busy as it always is at night when I need to find camp, so it took me a bit of standing around before I could do it. The exact place I wanted to be ended up being what was likely a river or canal with extremely steep banks at on me point. There was no way I'd make it back up with all my gear. The woods beside it were too thin, and there was a house nearby. I had a mini panic attack until I realized I had to get back out. A skateboarder went by. Another panic attack. Of course the traffic took forever to clear, but I finally made my way back out onto the road. I had found a spot on Google that was away from everyone, but it was a half mile away or so. It was basically already dark. I headed that way anyways. I found a spot on the way that looked promising. I pushed my bike into the woods again. It wasn't the best spot. There was the paved road on one side and a dirt road on the other- possibly a driveway. I couldn't see the house though. I struggled to set up my tent in the cramped space. I should leave really early tomorrow. Somehow, I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment